Friday, February 25, 2011

rawr rawr ramblings rawr

So there's an episode of Gilmore Girls where Rory has to do community service, because she was stupid and stole a yacht (I don't even know how you steal a ginormous boat and expect to get away with it) with her slightly annoying boyfriend. So, she's doing community service, and gets into an all-out fight with another misbehaved young lady. Her director, instructor, leader (I don't know what to call him) takes her inside and says, "You cannot be out there with your fight face on!!"
Friends, I've been Rory Gilmore lately.
Don't worry, I haven't stolen any large motor vehicles, or been forced to do about a million hours of community service as punishment...but lately, I have indeed had my fight face on.
Consistently. Kindof for a few weeks now. Just about everything irritates me. My nerves are shot. You know, what pops into my head is the image of a puppy. No, no, let's make it a tiger.
Cause tigers are adorable, yet ferocious ;) Okay, so you've got this tiger, and it's sleeping, and it looks all peaceful and calm and serene. You go over to the tiger and pat it's head a bit, show her a little bit of affection. And I mean, obviously, she likes it: she might as well be a tiny little kitten. But then, uh-oh, you accidentally sit on/step on her tail and bam! You totally just got attacked by the vicious sharp teeth!! Sucks to be you.
Yeah, I've been a bit like that tiger lately, and I feel pretty terrible about it. I just snap and snap and snap, at the littlest things, without even meaning to :/
I just want to go on a nice loooong vacation, or maybe even just go to sleep and not wake up for 3 or 4 days.
In all honesty, I don't think the neverending lack of sunshine is helping out too much either. Blah.





[picture via weheart it]

5 comments:

  1. Nice, i’ve definitely been there ;) lol cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I totally know how you feel!! A few weeks ago, all I did was snap at my family....ugh. Isn't being a teenage girl hard?!?

    But hey---with God's help, we'll get through all this. ;)

    Your-hormone-raging-soul-sister,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! As much as I hate to admit it- I've been that tiger before too... many times! Hang in there! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ~Kaycee Lee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're just plain ol' stressed. Period. Perhaps you need rest as you mentioned... it's not strange though, maybe you just have a lot going on, or something's on your mind subconsciously. Get as much rest as you can. Rest, rest and more of it. If it's any consolation, I know what you're talking about.. boy, do I know! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that mood has been going 'round. Spring will do us all some good.;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)