Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three: a favorite book

Okay. So this one is obviously going to be difficult, as were days one and two. But this time, it's difficult for another reason besides not being able to choose! See, I guess you could say I don't really have a favorite book at the moment. For like, forever, I've been one of those young adult readers, who read only young adult books. And you know, when you walk into a book store and go to the young adult section, all you see is Twilight-ish stuff. Yeah. Well, a little under a year ago, I really felt as if God was telling me, "It's time to get rid of that stuff!", so I did! And it was amazing. Actually, perhaps I'll post more on that lovely event sometime in the future. But alas, I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to since then, and therefore don't necessarily have a "favorite book". But! I did just read Elizabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity a few weeks ago, and really liked it! My post on it is here.
SUCH a goood book!



5 comments:

  1. That's a good choice! I never would've guessed it. I mean, I read a whole bunch of mystery and romantic stories, but I don't really take the time to read stories of wisdom and truth. Great choice, I'm going to have to read that book :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love, love that book!! ♥

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny... I am currently reading this book! :D I love it already! :)
    BTW- thanks for your comment on my blog! You seem like a really fun person, and you remind me of my crazy friend... although, she says I'm crazy too. d; Yeaaaah..... I am just a little... ;)

    ~Kaycee Lee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lauren, you are such a good soul! Thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read before, but I think we own it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)