Okay, so I've seen a couple of bloggers who have movie quote "games" that they have going on every once in a while, and I think that that's just such a snazzy idea! But we're not going to do that; at least not right now. In fact, I have another idea: see, I will give you 25 first lines of certain songs, and you tell me which ones you know. Of course, no looking anything up (on the internet, or your ipods/mp3 players)!! And then whoever has the most correct will be recognized as doing so! They don't really get anything other than the satisfaction of knowing that they're musically knowledgable...but hey, that's fun!!
(Oh and by the way, this is not an original idea of mine. In fact, I got the idea from a Facebook note that was going around a while back that was just so snazzy fun!)
An example: "Why are you striving these days?"
Do you know it??
Yes, you're correct! The answer is "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North!
Okay, so turning the iPod on shuffle, and here we go!! (Oh, and PS: pretty much each and every song is going to be by a Christian artist. And they're all pretty popular ones too!)
1. Let no one caught in sin remain, inside the lie of inward shame
2. There's a peace I've come to know; though my heart and flesh may fail, there's an anchor my for my soul: I can say "It is well"
3. I've seen your face on stained glass, in colored lights, in pictures of you looking to the sky
4. So you thought you had to keep this up, all the work that you do so we think that you're good
5. The waves are crashing down on me, but I know this cannot be the end
6. As stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you, pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere ;D
7. I'm at war with the world and they try to pull me into the dark :o
8. Well, I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain just to be with the one he loves :)
9. I've been living in this house here since the day that I was born, these walls have seen me happy, but most of all, they've seen me torn
10. Who here among us has not been broken? Who here among us is without guilt or pain?
11. I'm waiting, waiting on you Lord, and I am hopeful; I'm waiting on you Lord
12. My first day of recess, they all laughed at me when I fell off the swingset and scraped up my knee (sweetest. song. ever)
13. Two months is too little, they let him go, they had no sudden healing
14. I am all around you, and I see everywhere you see; I am everything you believe
15. Rain falls outside, I think the sky must know what's happening tonight
16. When darkness is surrounding me, by your spirit Lord, help me see that you are working all things out
17. She spins and she sways to whatever song plays, without a care in the world
18. We're the ones who believe in the things unseen. This home, this body is an in-between
19. Weak and wounded sinner, lost and left to die, raise your head for love is passing by
20. The dream is fading, now I'm staring at the door; I know it's over 'cause my feet have hit the cold floor
21. There are no words in times like these, when tears don't hide the tragedies
22. He walked the dirty streets, famous for nothing, He said "Come follow me" and they came
23. Don't know where to begin, it's like my world's caving in; and I try, but I can't control my fear
24. Only one never having a beginning, only one who reigns when everything is ending
25. I drew a line, said "This is where I'm safe and I feel fine" (kudos to you, if you know this one!)
So as I was doing this, going in accordance with the songs coming up on shuffle, I realized that quite a few of these songs are on the little music player on my page...oh well!
So give it a try! I tried to make it at least a little bit easy for our first time around, but we'll just have to see! I'm thinking I'll give you guys till sometime on Thursday to give it a try, and then I'll repost the lyrics with their answers and how many you each got correct!
And remember: no cheating!! ;D
Oh, AND no comments will be published until after the post is reposted ;)