Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jim: Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl, who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing I've ever had to do, which was just to...wait. Don't get me wrong, I flirted with her. Pam, I can now admit in front of friends and family, that I do know how to make a photocopy. Didn't need your help that many times. And, uh, do you remember how long it took you to teach me how to drive stick?

Pam: Like a year!

Jim: I've been driving stick since high school, so...For a really long time, that's all I had. Little moments with a girl who saw me as a friend. And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, event then I knew that...I was waiting for my wife.

*squeal*!!!

Jim Halpert is just...*sigh*. I almost want to say he's a sort of hero for me. I mean, ohmygoodness. Jim and Pam's relationship is just so romantic (and yes, I do realize they are fictional! Ugh, it kills me every time...). The fact that he waits for her, for so long, and has to go through her being engaged to another guy, and yet, he never loses his hope.

I guess that's the main point of my sharing this teeny bit of their story: the hope that never ends for Jim Halpert. (and yes, I realize that sounds cheesy, but I'm a romantic!). Over the years, over time apart, and watching her be with someone else, when he has no more reason to hope, he still does.


Jim: The boat was actually Plan C. The church was Plan B. And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.

Jim Halpert gives me hope

:')

4 comments:

  1. Ahh yes I majorly heart me some Kim and Pam! I actually majorly heart the whole 'office'. =D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....that is so sweet! I don't watch that show, but I love their story!
    haha, I hate it when fictional characters are so darn awesome. ;)

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so so neat! Ahh - I want a guy like that! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Miss Lauren....I tagged you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)