Soo it's been a while blogger pals. So I'm sure you're just dying to know my latest thoughts and happenings, eh? ;)
1. Okay, so our youth group went to this thing called Global Impact this past weekend, where we went to this ginormous church, had a morning service, went and did a service project, then had an evening service. It was a pretty awesome experience, and there was this amazing band leading worship, called "Red Letter Hymnal". I'm highly doubting that any of ya'll have heard of them, because I'd never even heard of them, and they're from Pittsburgh (like, 45 minutes away)! But they're great. You should listen to this song. I'm obsessing over it.
On a side note, I just don't think it's good to have attractive boy bands at youth events. I'm not even one of those boy-crazy girls, and I was distracted.
I'm just being honest though!!
2. I've been told twice now that it's "not good" for me to wear my diamond ring on my ring finger, because 1. it will make guys think that I'm already married, engaged, whatever, and 2. because I need to have a specific reason for wearing it on that finger. Well, guess what! Tooo bad! I'm wearing it there, because it's the finger it fit best, and now I'm too used to it to move it, AND if it keeps creepers away because they think I'm married, boo-yah! I'm thinking that wearing a ring won't stop me from meeting/interacting with the guy God has for me. Because I mean, if it's the guy God has for me, it's gonna happen. Ya know what I'm saying? See, my guy will be like Noah Calhoun: persistent. And he'll just find out on his own, by asking *cough* what my ring means. So there!
Okay, rant is over.
3. Okay, so I read the Hunger Games pretty much right after it came out, and fell in love with it. But alas, about a year and a half ago, I lent it out to a girl I worked with, and then we stopped working together, and so we never saw each other, and have only seen each other once in the last year. So I haven't quite gotten my book back, and of course, during all this time, the third book has come out!! And I've been unable to read it, because I needed to reread the first two first. So I finally gave in, and just rebought the first one and reread it, and fell in love all over again. And goodness my gracious. I. love. these. books. SO MUCH. I don't know that I've ever loved a book so much, no joke.
On a (somewhat) side note, the past couple of days, everytime I've seen a guy with long, dark hair, I can't help but think of Gale, and swoon a little bit.
Gosh, I'm such a book nerd.
(Also, I had to cover my eyes as I was browsing weheartit for that picture, because I absolutely REFUSE to look at the cast for the movie until I'm done with the third book. I don't even know if I'll watch the movie yet. If it ruined the book, I seriously think that a piece of me would just die.)
4. I've got a story to tell you, to brighten your day. So a while ago, Lisa Terkeurst, a Christian author, came and spoke at our church, and she told us this adorable story! See, she has two adopted sons, both whom are African, while she and her biological children are quite white, haha. So once, she and all of her children are in Wal-Mart and this lady comes up to her and says, "Ooh, different dads?" and while Lisa was shocked, speechless even, her little daughter steps up, puts her hands on her hips, and says, "Well, let me 'splain it to ya. When my mommy was pregnant with my brudders, she drank lotsa chocolate milk." Hahahhaha!!! SO cute
5. My Christian sisters (and brothers), I'm in desperate need of new music. Now, I'm pretty caught up on the more popular stuff, but can any of you give me some other suggestions?? I need new stuff! I can't take it anymore!
(ps: that skirt is way too short. Egads.)
6. My dress for my cousin's wedding came in, and so we have to go pick it up in the next two weeks. I have this horrible fear that it's not going to fit me. *shudder*
(and that is the dress, but our shade of blue is a bit darker :D )
7. OH so I kinda sorta got a car! But I mean, at the moment, it's very literally "kinda sorta". Like, it works, but it doesn't work. It needs a new transmission, so it doesn't much wanna speed up *cough*. Which is a little bit scary when I'm driving home from work, and it just falls down to 5 mph because I'm going up a hill :o. But uh, it's getting fixed! I've already got it all spiffied up, and I've named it Berlioz; Yes, after the black kitty in the Aristocats. Though it's actually white...but it totally gives off that "I'm a boy" vibe, so I couldn't exactly name it Marie. I could name it Mario though....whoa!!! Snazzy! I have to think about this.
(and that picture is it!! Well, for the most part. I mean, that's the exact car, but not. You know what I'm saying? Yes. You do.) ;)
8. So I feel like I've been crazy busy. I've not been reading blogs. My room is a mess. I haven't helped clean the house in forever. Gah.
9. It's really awesome when you get a peace about something. Especially when you can just tell that it's a God-given peace. It's so nice to not stress over something that doesn't even need to be stressed over. And then you're just happy to stick with the thought that God'll take care of it all.
Okay, I'mma go dive back into Mockingjay until I pass out. G'night all! :D