Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Name Above All Names...

At our church, our pastor encourages us to prayerfully pick a name of Jesus to focus on for the year. I've never done this before, but I've also never been as serious about my relationship with Jesus as I am now.
I've been thinking about it, and praying about it for a few weeks now, and I've picked my name:
Beloved Bridegroom.
Now, that name doesn't appear in that exact phrasing in the Bible; it's a combination that I feel is just all too perfect, at least for me, at this moment in my life.
See, I've been struggling with worrying about the man God has for me, and worrying about when it's going to happen, if it's going to happen...over the past two years, it's definitely something that's caused me a ridiculous amount of stress! (which in itself is ridiculous, considering I'm only 17!)
But I've come to the point where I realize, I need to "let go, and let God". I need to chill out, and leave it up to Him! And I need HIM to be my ultimate focus, no one else.
The name "Beloved Bridegroom" was actually inspired by the song "Beloved" by Tenth Avenue North, which is an incredibly beautiful song, that tells of how we are His beloved, and how He truly loves us, and holds us close to His heart. And I thought...if I am that to Him, shouldn't He be that to me?
The bridegroom part is obvious: Jesus compares us to his bride, and he as our bridegroom, and considering my worrying and fretting over who I'll marry and such, what better name? What better promise than the one that HE is our bridegroom, and loves us more than a husband ever could?
Therefore, "beloved bridegroom" was born. And they fit together perfectly! The goal of this name is that over the next year, I will really, truly learn to think of Jesus as my Beloved Bridegroom...and that I will hold him very dearly to my heart, as he holds me dearly to his.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)