Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."

I felt like a little kid at Christmas today walking out of Walmart with The Lion King on DVD.
I've been waiting years for this.
*squeal*!!!
See, my VCR's broken. So while I have every Disney movie on VHS, they're all pretty much worthless to me. So I haven't seen The Lion King in for.ev.er. And it's one of my favorites. And that nasty Disney vault is selfish and doesn't want to share the joy! But finally, finally the day has come!!
Gosh, at the beginning of the movie I actually had a mini hysterical fit of laughter and tears because I was so ridiculously excited; it's such an epic Disney movie, if only because of the incredible music!! Ah I just love it all :D Except Scar. He's right up there with the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. Freaks me out, man.

6156886856_5646a29a1a_z_large
"Everything the light touches is our kingdom."

28_large
"It means no worries for the rest of your days! It's our problem free philosophy, hakuna matata!"

20_large
"Dad, we're pals, right?"

1313968005247587_large
"Let me get this straight. You know her. She knows you. But she wants to eat him. And everybody's okay with this? Did I miss something?"

19_large
"Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true king. Remember..."

Tumblr_lff159bwff1qgw88ao1_500_large
"That's Mr. Banana Beak to you, Fuzzy!"

Enhanced-buzz-19123-1306187990-1_large
Okay. That is just awesome.

Simba-nala-simba-and-nala-9757178-816-480_large
"And if he falls in love tonight, it can be assumed his carefree days with us are history; in short, our pal is doomed!"

Tumblr_ljmgchasck1qe3twro1_500_large
"I'm gonna be the mane event, like no king was before. I'm brushing up on looking down, I'm working on my roar!"

Tumblr_leudmgunwp1qa5w7lo1_500_large
"Hey Timon. It's just a little lion. Look at him...He's so cute, and all alone! Can we keep him?"

44577_465354531322_27665751322_6822299_4187525_n_large
"I laugh in the face of danger, ahahaha!

Tumblr_lk88t9xrkt1qe0tgxo1_r1_500_large

Tumblr_l2miq05oey1qa4w2fo1_r1_500_large
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past are up there, watching over us...So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

*sigh*
Of course, I restarted the movie as I was putting this post together. It's just so wonderful, ya know????
By the way, the Broadway music from this is ahmazing. Sample:
So. Good.
Bye now ;D

6 comments:

  1. Whenever I read your blog I go back to my childhood... early childhood - seeing as how I'm only 19. 7 years old, watching Lion King and pretending to be a Lion, watching Sleeping Beauty and pretending to be a fairy turning myself tiny so I can hind anywhere! So on and so forth. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my lip glossiness i love this movie :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, I was talking with my boyfriend about Lion King. The first Disney movie I watched at the cinema and made me cry. One of the reasons why I became so emotional. Haha.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. The Lion King on Broadway was SO spectacular. Listening to that song made me want to see it again! I haven't seen the movie in ages. Glad you finally got it on DVD :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I was so excited when I got my copy the other day - I had prebought it and it felt like it was never gonna come out! bEST MOVIE EVER

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)