Thursday, September 8, 2011

Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things.

Tumblr_lr1vb2ghuk1qamj2jo1_500_large
Comment: I love him so.

Tumblr_lpukm7asdz1qbo7f6o1_500_large
I have bought so many kids books lately, it's a little bit ridiculous! I mean, how many single 18 year olds really think about buying their future kids books? Hmmm.

Tumblr_l8nbl4krtd1qzbk1zo1_500_large
I finally got around to reading this book. I actually liked it quite a bit, but the movie followed it so closely, there was nothing in the book that was new to me, which made it simply enjoyable; there was no suspense! This is the kind of book that would have killed me with suspense.
I wouldn't recommend it though, simply because of graphic content. I could go on a whole rant about how unnecessary it is to have dirty things in a book that would've been otherwise fine without it...Gah.

Tumblr_le7d37dant1qag73jo1_500_large
I feel like redoing my room, somehow. Repainting maybe. Right now, three walls are orange, with one wall pink, with all sorts of pink embellishments on the orange walls.
I feel tired of it. It's almost too much, ya know? I liked it so much...I still do. See, I'm just so indecisive. Even if I could just change it from the bold shades of pink and orange, to light shades of pink and orange, that could be cool.
I gotta think about it.

Book-books-drink-fire-hot-favim.com-118933_large
...it's starting to get colder :) Yay for Christmas and coziness and lotsa blankets, and snow!!!!!

Gilmoregirls_19_large
I miss my Gilmore girls with so much of my little heart. Nasty ABC Family replaced them with nasty dirty filthy Secret Life of the American Teenager, and I only have the first 2 seasons, and have already gone through them. The Gilmores are like my bedtime lullaby. I feel so sad without them.

015_136729945_large
-from the song "Fix You" by Coldplay. I love that song. Every time I hear it, I ponder on this line. When you love someone, and they don't love you back, or it doesn't work out...was it really all just a waste? Somehow, even though it may be easiest to get all debbie-downer and think yes, it was a waste...I imagine that no, it wasn't. It's that whole big picture idea, you know? Right now, you're only seeing a fuzzy little section...but when you back up, you can see the entire picture, and you think "Oooh, it all makes sense now!" It makes me think of this quote, by Corrie Ten Boom:
"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."
I love that.

Tumblr_l3nnrdufel1qzsw67o1_500_large
I'd like to say that I'm going to be rebellious and go to bed now, since I'm feeling sleepy, and it's only 8 o'clock (that's why it's rebellious). But chances are, I'll go upstairs, plop into bed, and immediately become restless, as I always do. So I'll probably read a while, then think of how I can rearrange my room (it's been on my mind today), maybe watch some Scooby Doo (I recorded an old episode!!! So exciting), mosey around for a bit. Then I'll probably fall asleep around 11, 11:30. My plans just never work. *sigh* Oh well ;)

11 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh!! I know what movie the post title's from!! 'Fox and the Hound'...aw!! Such a cute movie :)

    ::hugs::
    Hope you have an amazing week, sweetie!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just became addicted to the Gilmore Girls, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweet that you buy your future kids books.:) Don't you hate it when authors add yucky stuff to books just for the sake of it? Also, sorry about your show! I'm not a fan of Secret Life of the American Teenager. Not that I've ever seen it, I only see the previews when Full House is on.:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 19 and have plenty of books for my kids, of course, they're my old books, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    I just repainted my room - it went from pink to lavender. I like it a lot better now! And I LOVE that Coldplay song... look up the So You Think You Can Dance performance with that song...it's absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee, I love that you buy your future kids books! That's so cute (and they will definitely thank you when they have so many great books to read!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. First- love the new template for your blog!
    second-the bedroom picture ROCKS!!!!!!
    Peter pan is my hero lol :)
    *sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God, my darling Lauren! It's been so long. I'm so sorry I've been gone and thank you for finding me again. Honestly I don't know where to find you guys. I lost all the links... anyways, I miss you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post! Love visiting your blog!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. so....totally delayed comment. :p so sorry, my dear!

    your new header is perfect for fall!!! makes me want to cuddle with a blanket and a hot cup of tea.....*sighs dreamily*

    love you always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)