Friday, May 4, 2012

Belle gets me.

The high point of my Friday night was sitting outside in the grass watching the storm clouds roll in. Now, don't misunderstand: I was nearly entirely content in this activity. I find I breathe so much easier when I'm outside, away from the house, away from the noise of life.
Yet still, as I picked up a dandelion and watched the little petals (for lack of a better word) float away on the wind, I caught myself singing Belle's very own words...
184754_10150134790492792_720402791_7874974_3328526_n_large
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...I want it more than I can tell. And for once, it might be grand to have someone understand...I want so much more than they've got planned."

I must say, it was a very Disney-esque moment.
;)

But really. I've got to be *the* most boring 19 year old girl on the face of the earth.
The 19 year old receptionist who savors the weekends, and finds her "quiet time" in them.
Ha, what a laugh.

Tumblr_lhwx2icwtl1qe5p1no1_500_large
"Every morning just the same since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town..."

My days are starting to blend together. Every day the same thing over and over. And I find myself thinking, "this cannot be all there is!"
*sigh*

But for now, I'm doing what I can, and doing my best to wait on God. See what comes along next. Because I know I'm where He wants me to be now. I'm just not sure what He's doing.

But I get the feeling He's not going to bring along some beast of a man who's really a prince in disguise who'll whisk me away to his castle where we'll live happily ever after.

Wouldn't that be grand?

Maybe it'll be that cute landscaper instead....

Oh my word, I'm so bad.


8 comments:

  1. I love Belle, she's so pretty and hopeful! I'm sure God is only teaching you to wait. He has plans for all of us, sometimes we just have to sit still, and seek him earnestly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, substitute nanny for receptionist and you've got what I feel like down to a tee! Well and substitute blond fire dancer for cute landscaper.....just as a random example of course....ahem..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Belle, she's my favorite princess!!! :D Oh, and good post! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. You make me laugh so much! Belle has always been my favorite Disney princess!

    I know what you mean about your days "blending together"...(I feel the same sometimes)
    Hang in there, God works in ways that we can't comprehend! But the good news is that He's sovereign and in control of everything! And His way is always better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey don't feel bad - before the wedding planning every day was the same for me. I didn't even have a job to make it interesting... So don't think your the most boring 19 year old, here is another 19 year old in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you guys :) Thank you all for your sweet comments! Each of them made me feel so much better :) Sometimes it's good to know you're not alone! So thanks :)
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, I feel almost exactly the same way! Ha, Belle gets both of us oh-so-well :)))))
    love you, girl!! I hope you're doing well, and that God indeed shows you His plan soon {including many adventures}

    always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now singing **Beauty and the Beast***
    I hope your days are beautiful, my darling darling girl!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)