Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Memorable Guy

A year ago today (well, June 30th, that is), my 19 year old cousin Adam went home to be with his Savior, after a car accident. I remember that day, and those following very vividly...

When I was little, Adam was just another big brother to me. We'd bury each other in the sand, play hide-and-seek, watch movies on rainy days. When I think back to being a little girl, it's him and my actual older brother Tyler who pop into my mind as my friends and playmates. Adam and I would always make fun of each other; with a few moments of physical abuse here and there (memories of getting slammed into lockers at school come to mind). It's funny how
you can not realize how much you really love someone until they're gone. I loved my big brother very much, and I miss him: his obnoxious laugh; the smirk that was always on his face, no matter what. I even kindof miss getting kicked in the shin pretty much every time I saw him! Jerk.

But ya know, when he died, I didn't cry a single tear for him. Nope. Not a one. On the 4th of July, just a few days after he passed away, as I sat and watched the fireworks with my family, I found myself thinking "Adam's never gonna get to see fireworks again...", but that thought was immediately replaced with a grin when I thought of what my brother was seeing on that day, and has seen every day since. No, I didn't cry for my cousin, and still don't. Rather, I'm constantly finding myself envying him! You see, my big brother knew the Truth...and is walking with Him now on streets paved with gold. No, I don't cry for him. And I don't cry for my
loss either; I know I'll see him again someday. I'll be walking those streets with him.

So here's to my big brother. The one with the vibrant smile and the cocky attitude. The one who told us to "live life with no regrets". The one who did THE most random and obnoxious things ever. Ha! His are footprints on our hearts that we won't be forgetting anytime soon.


"When we walk through life's darkest valleys, we will look back at all You have done...and we will shout, our God is GOOD, and HE is the faithful one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)