Saturday, April 6, 2013

both happy and sad and trying to figure out how that could be.



2ikuvyo_large
 
This past week has been different. Mostly in a good way. :) See, I quit my (almost) full time job last week, for a lot of reasons, but mainly because it was getting hard to take a real breath...and I know for certain that I made the right decision. Though I have an incredibly hard time saying goodbye to people, even people I don't necessarily love; I get so attached. I hate goodbyes. I hate not knowing when I'm going to see someone again, and I hate the idea that I'm going to be replaced or forgotten. I had someone at work who became one of my best friends, and I miss him terribly...I find myself wondering if he misses me.
This past week has been wonderful though. It was full of resting, Pinterest-crafting, diving into the LOTR books, and finally being able to really breathe again. Just what I needed.

I've been learning a lot over these past few months, about myself, about life in general.

I'm stronger than I seem, and I tend to be a fight cat (my dad's phrase).
It's okay to love someone with all you have, and for them not return that love...it doesn't make your love any less beautiful.
No matter how alone I feel, my family is good, and will stick by me.
I'm realizing that it's not just me that feels lost...we're all in this together.
A genuinely good man is harder to find than I ever realized.
And most importantly, more than anything, I want to live in Middle Earth with Aragorn and Legolas.


 Tumblr_ldwrbdj3401qed5gvo1_500_large
(my love for Legolas will never die.)

I love you guys. I miss my blogger comrades.



5 comments:

  1. Yeah for taking a much needed, if scary step! Glad you're back, I was wondering what happened to you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie,
    So good to see a post from you <3 You've been so absent lately! We've missed you...*I've* missed you!:)
    Let me know if you ever need to talk.

    ::hugs::
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lauren, thank you so much for your beautiful comment on my blog. I love your blog too. you are too beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific article! That is the type of information that should be shared
    around the net. Shame on Google for not positioning this
    publish higher! Come on over and discuss with my
    website . Thank you =)

    Here is my blog post: easy diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely understand the feeling of being lost. I feel the same right now. It's funny because I've been rereading and rewatching LOTR. I would like to go on an adventure in middle earth.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: I *always* love to hear your comments, whether positive or negative, short or long, relevant or non-relevant! So don't be afraid to chime in! ;)
PS, sweet friends: I do ask that you watch your language as you share those lovely thoughts...let's do our best to be honoring to our God!

~Lauren :)